Wednesday, October 14, 2015

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE

Heeelllo heeeello my family!!!


How is everyone?! :)

Man it has been a good week!!

We got new russian sisters! I swear the MTC is going to blow up with all of the new Russian people here haha. I think we have 12 new sisters... and 4 are going to ROSTOV!!! so yeah that is really exciting! one of the new sisters going to Rostov looks just like Danielle Ivins. Crazy! (I kept misspelling Ivins into things like icing and ibings... those are pretty cool last names if I do say so myself.) ( I think I know a Norma Ibins? Man that sounds so familiar....... ;))

But yes! new Russians and Ukrainians!! Crazy. We all feel so incredibly old with all of the new russians haha.

We have had a couple of Russian elders return home this week. None from our district so I don't know them that well... but yes that was kind of a hard thing for one of the new districts. Keep them in your prayers:)

We had an influx of new russians but also lost 3 districts of russians! It is so weird having them gone because they were like our older brothers and sisters and we would always sit with them at lunch. We have the new districts come and sit with us now, but it just isn't the same:)

On Sunday Richard Heaton (who I think like supervises this MTC or something like that... I'm not sure. He isn't the president here but he is pretty high up MTC wise.... speaking of presidents 8 of us from our district got to sit with pres and sis Burgess at lunch last Thursday!)
But anyway, yes he came to talk and he brought his son that has Downs. Man I bawled like a baby before he started speaking. definitely made me kiley-sick (like home sick but for people haha) so hello Kiley! I miss you like crazy!

On Monday we had skype TRC where we get to skype with real russians! The guy that we taught was definitely very russian because I didn't understand anything he said!! hahah. This man that we taught has a very prominent background and history of being very grumpy with the missionaries who skype TRC him. (let's be honest- mostly because of the missionaries haha:) so we were a little bit nervous to teach him! His camera doesn't work so you can't see him but he can see you the whole time which is also a bit weird... but I just thought "hannah, just smile during the lesson and everything will be alright:)" so we taught the lesson and I felt like a goon but I just smiled during the whole thing and it went very well! He even said after, "keep smiling!" hahaha oh man. it was great. 

The two other sisters in our district found a couple of real life investigators who were lost looking for the Spanish speaking missionaries. The have had the opportunity to teach them for a few times now and on Monday the actually committed them both to baptism! It really has been such a miracle and fun to see them teach and really get the full mission experience:) they are amazing though and they have shared some of their experiences and it just sounds amazing. Plus they get to teach in english so yeah that is pretty cool!

I have felt so incredibly blessed this week to be at the MTC. It is finally becoming real that I won't be at the MTC forever and it is a bit scary! This is such a safe place and I feel so blessed to be here. I have been very happy this week which is such a blessing:) thank you for your thoughts and prayers- I have felt them:)

WE GET OUR FLIGHT PLANS THIS FRIDAY. CRAZY. WE ARE LEAVING SO SOON.


OK FUNNY STORIES!!! this week has been a good one hahaha

We taught our fake investigator outside and we were having a pretty meaningful lesson on the atonement and we were trying to be really serious ya know and invite the spirit and we were talking and a worker walked over with a leaf blower and so you know that was pretty funny so we just stopped talking and waited for it to pass. He finally passes and it fades out and then later like out of nowhere it starts up again and I kept thinking, "are we in a movie?" haha man it was so funny.

there is a letter in russian that looks like "bl" and I still don't really know like 100% how to say it hahaha but we were asking an elder in our district how to say it and it sounds like a "wee" kind of... idk how to explain and but it was so funny because when he said it his leg kind of like moved when he said it and idk why it was so funny but it was hilarious ahah.

My teacher is so funny. We were in class and we were going to work on how to tell time so he puts on the big TV screen the board-display page (which is pretty much just a page that shows how it works and examples) and some of the examples start with peoples names. So he puts it up there and accidentally zooms into the names so the whole screen is like two names and he says, "alright class, today we are studying big names" and man I thought it was sooooo funny hahahahahaha

We were singing Joseph Smith's first prayer in Choir (which was beautiful) and we were practicing ending the song. side note: There are always a whole bunch of workers that are walking around and getting ready while we are singing. so we were practicing the end and it was this huge loud ending. We were singing our hearts out and then the choir director ended the note and just at the perfect and precise moments one of the workers had answered his phone and said "hello?" just as we ended hahahaha it made it even better that it was joseph smith's firts prayer hahahahahaha. man anyway I thought that was funny.

Well I Love you all and I can't think of anything else to say! thanks for your love and support! hope all is well!

Go and read 2 Nephi 9:50-51 the speakers yesterday talked about how we need to give of the fruit of the gospel and I had read these same scriptures just before the meeting. I love them. I also probably love them because I have gained a little intsy teensy bitty bit of weight here at the MTC hahah but really, My soul is delighting in the fatness of the gospel and I have a testimony of feasting upon that which perisheth not:) also that is really cool when you think about the Fall of Adam and Eve and such. And how the atonement is so central to everything. I have a lot of feelings about this scripture but as you can see it is hard for me to put my feelings into words at the moment hahah.

I love you all!



--
С большой любовью,сестра Price

No comments:

Post a Comment